- For the latest information on coronavirus go to the Maryland Health Department’s website or call 211
- The Maryland Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) website is now live! Visit https://dhs.maryland.gov/pebt/. The website contains information about P-EBT benefits and frequently asked questions.
- Information on this program can also be found by downloading the flyers:
- MSB Social Work and Psychology Support phone line (410.444.5000, ext 1249). Messages left on this number will be returned by a MSB social worker or psychologist within 24 to 48 hours.
- Mental Health Resources and Emergency Services Information https://health.maryland.gov/suicideprevention/Pages/Maryland-Crisis-Hotline.aspx
Maryland Special Education Parent Involvement Survey
Parents: Let Your Voices Be Heard!
As the parent or guardian of a child receiving special education
services in Maryland, you should have received a copy of the
Maryland Special Education Parent Involvement Survey in the
mail. By completing the survey, you can tell us how your child’s
school partners with you. Your feedback will help guide efforts
to improve special education and related services in your local
Please complete the Maryland Special Parent Involvement Survey before May 21, 2021.
Maryland Learning Links
Education for students with disabilities is a collaborative effort among local school systems, education advocates, and legislation adopted by the Maryland State Board of Education, with families as key stakeholders in the teaching and learning process. Maryland Learning Links has been created to serve as the MSDE, DEI/SES’s one stop shop website designed to inform and support all stakeholders. Visit their website at www.marylandlearninglinks.org
Torah is a Free Food Distribution Program for families in need. Receive food for up to 15 family members. For more information, dates and times visit www.getfreefood.com
MSB Resource Fair (Virtual)
Wednesday, May 19th at 6:30 pm
In this hour-long virtual fair, presenters from MSB, DORS, Columbia Lighthouse for the Blind and the NFB will provide families with information on Summer Programs and the next steps towards Transition for your child.
Renee Kirby, MSB Parent Coordinator and Susan Vanderhoff, MSB Social Worker will also provide information and lead a discussion regarding local childcare and before and after school care.
Download the Resource Guide below to be used as a reference for this event.
*Please Register prior to the event using the ZOOM link provided below.
You are invited to a Zoom meeting.
When: May 19, 2021 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Educational Resources for Students & Families
- Music Activities for Students
- Recreation-Resources-for-Parents (Download)
- Free Online Learning Resources for Teaching Your Students Virtually
- Free Internet Access – https://www.internetessentials.com/covid19
For the virtual instruction from teachers and related service providers, MSB will be using Google Suite for Education for both synchronous, live, and asynchronous, at a time of your choosing, instruction. Below are resources for parents to help become familiar with Google Meet and Google Classroom:
- Google Classroom Tutorial for Parents
- Parents Guide to Google Classroom in 2020
- A Guide to Google Classroom
- Get Google Classroom Email Summaries for Parents and Guardians
- Parents Guide to Google Meet
- 2020-Parents-Guide-to-Google-Classroom-and-Meet (Download)
- Parents_Back_to_School_Backpack (Download)
MSB Library Link
MSB’s on-line library catalog can be accessed through this link http://webopac.klas.com/mdsch