What to Know About Working at MSB
A position at MSB is your opportunity to work with an amazing, unique population of students. Don’t let a lack of experience working with this population stop you. MSB provides ongoing support & training opportunities on vision loss and blindness.
We have opportunities in all areas – Instruction, Residential Services, Occupational & Physical Therapy, Speech Language Pathology, Social Work, Psychology, Orientation & Mobility, Administration, Behavior Management, Facilities, Food Services, Environmental Services, and more!
There are abundant and flexible opportunities to work with students to increase functional potential and independence in and out of the classroom, during day and evening/residential programming, during transition and vocational experiences and in the community and home settings.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old (while student services positions require a minimum age of 21).
Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment requirements, including but not limited to: background check, physical, drug screen, TB tests, and reference checks. **Please be advised that the MSB drug screen includes a screen for marijuana. MSB reserves the right to deny employment based on a positive drug screen in accordance with its drug testing policy and in accordance with applicable law.
Steps for the Recruitment Process
- Submit your application.
- If you meet the qualifications for the position, you will receive an email from our Recruiter to set up a phone screen.
- Candidates who successfully complete the phone screen will be shared with the Hiring Manager/s for review.
- Selected candidates will be contacted to set up 1-2 in person interviews with the Hiring Manager, usually including a campus tour and/or classroom observation (if applicable).
- Hiring Managers make hiring recommendations.
- Recruiter contacts selected candidates to make conditional job offers.
- Candidates begin completing the pre-employment requirements listed above.