*For Spanish translation, click on the language option button (American Flag or Flag of Spain) in the lower right corner of our website. This can be found on all pages.
* Para la traducción al español, haga clic en el botón de opción de idioma (Bandera estadounidense o Bandera de España) en la esquina inferior derecha de nuestro sitio web. Esto se puede encontrar en todas las páginas.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
January 6 – 14 – Virtual Instruction
January 14 – Professional Day – Classes end at 11:30 am
January 17 – School Closed for MLK, Jr. Holiday
January 17 – Tier 4 Residential students return in evening
January 18 – School reopens for in-person instruction
January 21 – 2nd quarter ends
January 21 – Professional Day – Classes end at 11:30 am – No preschool
Parent Town Hall Meetings
The January Parent Town Hall meeting will be held on Thursday, January 20 at 6:00 pm. Please join January 20 Parent Town Hall Meeting Link
If you missed the December meeting, you can view the recording here, Parent Town Hall 12.16.21
NEWS FROM THE HIVE
IMPORTANT RETURN TO SCHOOL NEWS
The new metric for keeping school open is not the community positivity rate as it once was earlier in the pandemic. The metric is whether MSB has enough staff who are able to work in order to safely conduct school.
The results of weekly staff surveillance testing, the number of positive tests, quarantines and isolations may result in two possibilities as the COVID-19 Omicron continues to spread:
- Individual classrooms may have to remain in or revert to remote instruction at any time over the next few months due to a lack of staff coverage related to quarantines/isolations.
- All of MSB may have to remain in or revert to remote learning due to too many staff, or essential staff in vital school services or functions, who are in quarantine/isolation to the degree that it is unsafe to have school.
Staff and families need to be prepared to switch to remote instruction at any time over the next few months at short notice, especially while COVID-19 infections continue to track upwards.
Thank you for your flexibility and participation in keeping our students and staff safe!
Compensatory Education and Recovery Services
Letters regarding compensatory and recovery services for students were mailed to student homes before the New Year. Parents, please review and return the form by January 24, 2022.
COVID FACT SHEETS
The Maryland Developmental Disabilities Council and the Maryland Department of Health have announced the release of seven COVID-19 fact sheets in plain language and translated into Spanish, French, Amharic, Chinese, Russian and Korean. The plain language communications aim to make it easier for Marylanders, particularly individuals with disabilities and their families, to understand and use health information related to high-risk health conditions, testing, vaccines for adults and children, and more. The full set of fact sheets (in English) are attached. The fact sheets are also available to download as a complete set or by topic.
Download the fact sheets:
· Plain Language COVID-19 Fact Sheets (full set)
STAFF COVID TESTING
All MSB staff are being tested weekly going forward until the positivity rate comes down. We are doing everything we can to keep our school community safe!
Building a Multicultural MSB Community – Webinar Series
Our December monthly multicultural webinar was held on December 9. The topic was Religious Diversity presented by Sharon Baglyos. The recording can be viewed here Religious Diversity Webinar 12.9.21
Student Daily Health Screenings
- All families should screen students for symptoms prior to leaving home.
- Your child should stay home if
- They are displaying any COVID-like symptom (and talk to your doctor about whether they should be tested for COVID)
- They have a positive COVID test (and tell the Health Center)
- They have had contact with a person with COVID (and tell the Health Center)
- They have been tested for COVID (until the results come back)