*For Spanish translation, click on the language option button (American Flag or Flag of Spain) in the lower right corner of our website. You can find the flag on all pages.
* Para la traducción al español, haga clic en el botón de opción de idioma (Bandera estadounidense o Bandera de España) en la esquina inferior derecha de nuestro sitio web. Esto se puede encontrar en todas las páginas
MESSAGE FROM THE SUPERINTENDENT
Hooray, today is the last day of school and summer break has finally arrived! We made it through another challenging school year! Thank you to our staff, students and families for working together to make this the best year it could be. I want to wish all of you a safe, happy and relaxing summer! For those who are not working or attending summer programs, enjoy your well-deserved time off. For those who work summer programs and our 12 month staff, thank you for keeping MSB going year-round. We will see all of you back in the fall!
DATES TO REMEMBER:
June 16 – Last day of school, 11:30 am dismissal for all students – Happy Summer!
June 20 – Juneteenth Holiday
July 4 – Holiday
July 5 – 29 – MSB ESY Program
July 5 – 29 – MSB Outreach Summer Programs
EDUCATIONAL & PROFESSIONAL OPPORTUNITIES & EVENTS
Be sure to check out the monthly Educational and Professional events for students, staff and parents on the Maryland TVI Portal There are many wonderful opportunities throughout the entire year!!
NEWS FROM THE HIVE
CONGRATULATIONS EARLY LEARNING PROGRAM GRADUATES
Closing ceremonies were held for our Early Learning Program students this week. Congratulations to our 3 and 4 year old students and Kindergarten Graduates!! It was an “UnBEElievable Year!”
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CLASS OF 2022
Congratulations to our 19 graduates from the Class of 2022! We are so proud of you. If you missed the June 6th ceremony on zoom, you can watch the recorded version on our YouTube Channel MSB Class of 2022 Graduation
SPRING CONCERT RECORDING
If you missed our wonderful spring concert on June 1, you can view the recorded version on our YouTube Channel MSB 2022 Spring Concert
2022 MSB NEEDS ASSESSMENT SURVEY – Deadline approaching
Please complete the MSB 2022 Needs Assessment Survey by June 30. This survey will generate a wide swath of data that will form a path for the future of MSB. The path will rely on all of us to be paved, and it begins with your honest input. Thank you for your time and active participation in this process.
MSB ESY PROGRAM
MSB will remain in Tier 4 for the Extended School Year (ESY) summer program.
ESY services will run from July 5th through July 29, 2022. This year’s theme is “Let’s go to Summer Camp.” The ESY progress reports this year will be completed online in the Maryland Online System. Day staff that are working ESY will have a workday on June 17th from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
MSB SUMMER PROGRAMS
- July 5 – 8: Trecck for Success for elementary students (ages 6 – 11). Day program
- July 11 – 15: Camp Abilities at MSB for middle and high school students (ages 12 – 17) who are independent and want to participate in a week-long overnight intensive sports camp. Enrollment is limited to 10 girls and 10 boys (We still have a few openings) Sign up for Camp Abilities here.
- July 18 – 22: Trecck for Success for middle and high school students (ages 12 – 17). Day program
- July 24 – 28: Camp Merrick. (ages 9 – 17). Overnight program at Lions Camp Merrick in Southern MD
If you have registered your child for any of the programs, please complete all of the required paperwork as soon as possible. If you have any questions, contact Skylar McLamb
For more information on statewide programs, contact MSB Statewide Outreach Director: Diane Colburn
COVID19 CASES ON CAMPUS
There were 5 cases of COVID19 on campus for the week ending June 16, 2022.