Workshops & Seminars
MSB provides training and assistance to professionals and community partners in the field of visual impairment and education. Professional workshops and seminars on a variety of topics related to vision and additional disabilities are held 2-3 times a year on and off campus. Presentations can also be requested on an individual fee for service basis.
Below is a list of topics from previous workshops that can be provided upon request:
- A Multi-Sensory Approach to Literacy
- Assessment and Educational Program Considerations for Students with Blindness and Visual Impairment
- Adaptive Physical Education
- Cortical Visual Impairment
- The Psychological Assessment of Students with Visual Impairment: Theory and Techniques
- Paraprofessional Institute: Strategies and Tips for Increasing Student Independence in the Classroom
- Overview of Visual Impairment and Low Vision
- Schedule Systems
- Educational Accommodations for Students who are Visually Impaired
- Literacy Leading to Employment: The Expanded Core Curriculum in Early Childhood
- Kitchen 101
- ADL Tips and Strategies for the Home
For more information or to schedule a workshop, contact:
Ruth Ann Hynson, Director of Statewide Outreach Services
410.319.5726 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check our Outreach Events page for updated information on upcoming professional workshops!