The link to the MSB OPAC or library catalog is https://webopac.klas.com/mdsbopac/
If you have any questions, suggestions, or ideas regarding story times and Library classes, materials, and other resources, please contact Dorothy M. Hughes, School Librarian/Library Media Specialist at either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- BrainPOP learning tools including BrainPop, BrainPOP Jr., and BrainPOP Español
- EBSCO databases including Explora Primary, Explora Secondary, Explora Educator’s Edition
- Allied Health Research and Nursing Reference from EBSCO Educational Research
- SIRS ProQuest including SIRS Issues Researcher and SIRS Discoverer
NLS or the National Library for the Blind & Print Disabled is a part of the Library of Congress. The branch of this library in Maryland is MD LBPD or The Maryland Library for the Blind & Print Disabled. It provides materials to approved patrons through the U.S.P.S. (Free Matter for the Blind) and digital download using Braille and Audio Reading Download or BARD. Approved patrons are individuals who complete an application that includes certification of a print disability. The same proof of disability form is accepted by Bookshare and Learning Ally, as well as, NLS. The NFB Newsline is, also, available to registered patrons.
MD TAP or Maryland Technology Access Program is a part of the Maryland Dept. of Disabilities and offers services to all Maryland state residents
DCMP or The Described & Captioned Media Program are free standards-based educational movies available as streaming media or DVDs by a mail-order service. Families and staff are eligible for free DCMP accounts.
Bookshare is one of the accessible digital book services available to MSB students. To learn more, please go the Bookshare Video Tutorials page and make a selection from one of the webinars listed under Bookshare Basics. Learning Ally is another digital book service. The same proof of disability form is accepted by Bookshare and Learning Ally, as well as, NLS.
Marina is the Maryland Public Library Network guide to statewide public library materials and services. Many of the county public library systems have YouTube Channels, as well. The links to a few are as follows:
- Enoch Pratt Free Library featuring the Rhyme of the Month https://www.youtube.com/user/enochprattlibrary
- Baltimore County Public Library https://www.youtube.com/user/bcplonline
- Harford County Public Library https://www.youtube.com/user/hcplonline
- Anne Arundel County Public Library https://www.youtube.com/user/aacpl13
Seedlings Braille offers The Rose Project, 2020 Book Angel, and the 2020 TVIP Program http://www.seedlings.org/special.php
National Braille Press offers the Children’s Braille Book Club, Readbooks! Because Braille Matters! and, the Great Expectations series https://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/programs/index.html
Braille Institute Special Collections https://www.brailleinstitute.org/special-collection is, also, available for teachers as the Partners in Literacy program. The Braille Institute are sponsors of the annual Braille Challenge and The Maryland School for the Blind –Outreach hosts one of the regional challenges every winter.