Rewarding career and volunteer opportunities
The Maryland School for the Blind (MSB) offers rewarding career opportunities to individuals seeking to contribute and to grow with a school committed to helping children and young adults who are blind, deafblind or visually impaired with or without other disabilities.
What We Offer
We have a wide range of employment and volunteer opportunities in all areas – Education, Residential Services, Occupational & Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, Psychology, Social Work, Orientation and Mobility, Facilities, Administration, Food Service, Housekeeping, and more! A career at MSB may include benefits such as:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Wellness Program including on-site fitness classes, wellness challenges, seminars, annual flu shots, etc.
- 403b with MSB defined contribution & match after one year of service
- Staff Development
- Direct Deposit
- First Financial Federal Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement after six months of service
- Discounts to local businesses
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age to qualify for most positions (some require a minimum age of 21). Additional requirements are listed on each individual posting. Once a job offer is made, a potential candidate must successfully complete fingerprinting, a pre-employment drug screen/physical/TB test, attend New Employee Orientation and complete all required MSB paperwork.
How to Apply
All openings are posted at https://mdschblind.atsondemand.com/. You may click the individual posting to read more about it and to apply. If you need any additional assistance, please contact the HR Office at 410-444-5000 x1718.
Please be assured that your credentials will be reviewed by a recruitment specialist upon submission. If we require further clarification or wish to schedule an interview, we will contact you.
Each year, many special people donate their time to MSB to assist with programs that benefit students. Volunteers assist in the classrooms, at mealtimes, accompany students on field trips, support special events and give ongoing support to our staff that is very much needed and appreciated.
There is certain criteria that must be met to be a volunteer:
- Minimum age requirement is 16 years old. If volunteer is a high school student, a letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor must accompany the application.
- Minimum commitment of 4 hours per week for 3 months.
- Successful completion of the Volunteer Application, interview process, fingerprinting for background check, pre-placement drug screen/physical/TB test, and a Child Protective Services Background check.
- Assignments are based on staff requests, availability, schedule and area of interest. An application is not a guarantee for volunteer placement at MSB.
Questions about specific job openings or requests for reasonable accommodations in the employment application process, as well as all completed Volunteer Applications can be directed to:
Sharon Taylor, PHR
The Maryland School for the Blind
3501 Taylor Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21236