Vision Rehabilitation Therapists (VRT) provide instruction and support in all areas that enhance independent living and educational development of individuals with a visual impairment.
Services may be delivered in a variety of settings to include in the school, cottages, center-based facilities, or in the home. Training strategies consider the impact of a person’s visual status when developing accommodations to best equip the individual for success.
At MSB, the VRT may be involved in student training for the following areas:
- Self-Care Skills (grooming, toileting, eating, bathing, and dressing)
- Meal management and cooking
- Home management and housekeeping
- Financial management
- Personal management skills
- Support in developing these foundational living skills will help guide MSB students toward living safe, productive and independent lives.
For more information about Vision Rehabilitation Therapy, contact:
Lynn Borgmann, OT/PT/VRT Supervisor
410-444-5000, ext. 1343 | firstname.lastname@example.org